Chick Chick Curry, Bicycles, and more

Aaaahhhh, yesterday was a rather busy Monday, but the temperature went down! I rode my bike down to my old high school to go talk with my Japanese teacher there. He invited me to lunch with him and wanted to talk to one of his classes about college and taking Japanese.

I wasn't too sure about what to expect, but I hoped it would go well. He and I have always gotten along well together and his Japanese classes were my favorite when I was in high school. I hated all my other classes.......high school was really lame. End of story. College is infinitely better!

Riding down to the school on my bike felt so exhilarating! I could smell the fresh scent of the trees and grass as I rode down the trail behind where I live. It's so convenient living right on a trail! I breathed it all in and realized that I've been smelling that scent all my life, even since I'd been going to parks and trails in the Bay Area. So nice and nostalgic~~

Of course, as I reached downtown and rode behind Safeway, that scent was replaced by the stench of heated garbage from dumpsters and car exhaust. Welcome to modernity.

Lunch was fun; my teacher and I talked about college and what's been going on in my life. It's amazing though; I could really tell how much I have changed! I even had fun speaking to his 5th period class. They asked a lot of questions and were polite and friendly.

My teacher had gotten me a sandwich from Whole Foods, which is a rather upscale, healthy grocery store. I don't think there is one in Stockton. Anyway, the sandwich tasted really fresh and yummy! I wasn't aware of all the cool things you can choose to be put in your sandwich at Whole Foods though, so this sandwich only has turkey, spinach, lettuce, onions, and cheddar cheese on sourdough bread. Apparently, you can choose from spreads like garlic aioli, hummus, basil pesto, and more! I really want to go to Whole Foods and try some of those spreads someday......

I left the school around 1 and went to my Grandma's house to help her out with some cleaning. Then, I went back home and relaxed.

For dinner, my father made chicken curry with carrots and chickpeas. He said it was his own invention and we now call it Chick Chick Curry!


However, it was too spicy for me. :( My dad accidentally poured in too much curry, so it was stronger than I am used to. It was tasty though, and the chickpeas added a nice texture and smooth flavor to it.

So, that was my day yesterday! Today has been chill; I got back from work not too long ago and I am tired! I wasn't feeling too good from the curry, so I didn't sleep very well. Ah well, it's summertime....time for relaxing!

Also, here is a cute picture I wanted to post because it makes me smile. Here it is, especially for my love! ;)



Tofu, showing off her tres cool nerd glasses! xD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Special Pieces and Great News!

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1