Hisashiburi Japantown!

Yesterday, I was off to Japantown again to meet with a Japanese tutor for conversation. He was very nice and I think I am going to learn a lot from him! He was intent on helping me with grammar and made me repeat sentences, make new ones, and such. Hopefully that goes well. :)

When I finished meeting with him, I was startving. I wasn't sure where to eat, but I was in the mood for noodles. Walking down Kintetsu Mall through what I like to call the restaurant district, I looked in all the windows displaying the plastic food. One plastic bowl of noodles caught my eye at Mifune; it was called Toritoji, and was the chicken/egg/onion donburi mix on top of soba noodles. All of a sudden I knew I had to try it!

So I went in and was seated promptly, near one of the front windows where I could watch the passerby. Mifune is pretty popular and many people were dining happily in there, so there was a nice atmosphere. I was given an extremely hot cup of tea, and the waitress was very matter-of-fact and not too friendly. After looking through the money for the Toritoji soup, I found it and noticed that there was a beef version called Tanin. In the mood for the thin, delicious slices of beef used in Tanin, I ordered that. It didn't take too long to arrive, and when it did, it was very hot!






Complete with a little tray of oshinko (pickled vegetables), my meal looked so inviting! The soup was steaming and smelled so tasty! I had the option of ordering udon noodles, but I have been on a soba kick lately. Yumm~~~
Right when my soup came, I saw a friend from college! She came in to say hi to me, and we chatted a bit! It was so nice to see a familiar face! I miss everyone from college so much!

Here is a close-up of my soup:

So delicious! A wonderful blending of two of my favorite foods: noodles and donburi! I scarfed it down and went to pay. This was only $8.20, not too bad eh? I felt stuffed and happy afterwards, so it was worth it! ;)

Then, I went and grabbed a little European almond cupcake from Andersen Bakery, a delightful bakery located in Kintetsu mall right before you walk on the bridge if you enter from the front of the mall. I ended up eating it at home later because I went to Crossroads clothing store in the Fillmore after and bought some cute clothes!

I also took some pictures since it was such a lovely day. I love taking pictures of flowers and pretty places, such as Cottage Row. :)


Mifune

1737 Post St

(between Buchanan St & Webster St)

San Francisco, CA 94115
http://www.mifune.com/

Rating: 4 out of 5

Price range: $$

Tippies: Large menu and a nice little selection of lunch specials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!