Pizza, love, soukous, Church, and Chinese food! :)

Ahhh~~~ I had such a wonderful time with Andrew and my family the past few days. It was sort of like a "farewell to summer" party since Andrew starts school tomorrow and I go back on Wednesday. I am so happy that we were able to spend that time together! :)
Thursday was an impromptu day; I luckily was offered a ride to Stockton so on Wednesday I asked Andrew if he was free and he was! So, I spent the day with him, relaxing and having fun at his house. For lunch, I tried something so delicious I couldn't believe I hadn't ever tried it before: black bean and garlic sauce. His mother put the sauce with strips of steak and mushrooms (forgot what kind, but they were good) and I ate that with rice. I enjoyed it so much I had three helpings!!!!!! :D I hope I can have some again sometime!!
We also went to Tiger's Yogurt for some Oreo cookie flavored fro-yo before we went to the train station. It was such a hot day in Stockton and the fro-yo was creamy and refreshing! :) I hadn't been there all summer, so I was so happy to go there again! I have a feeling though that I will be going there all the time again this year!!

Then, on Friday morning before I went to go pick him up from the train station, I quickly whipped up some homemade blueberry muffins! I found the recipe on a blog here: http://sandgroper14.wordpress.com/2006/07/09/the-best-blueberry-muffin-recipe/
They turned out very good, and weren't too sweet which was a nice change from the overly sweet packaged mix. They were bursting with blueberries, Andrew's favorite, so he really enjoyed them! We ate them all up this weekend, yum!


For lunch, my dad and I made pork shoulder ribs with peas and rice. I didn't take pictures, but we all enjoyed the rich, tasty pork! :) After lunch, Andrew, my sister, and I all went to see the new Hayao Miyazaki film, Ponyo! It was very cute and sweet and we loved it! Later, Andrew and I went on a wonderful walk on my trail! :D

Then, for dinner, my dad made pizza and Andrew finally was able to try it!! Yay! I was so excited!

The above was Fiona's pizza.
That was my dad's pizza.

This was Andrew's large pizza, complete with an egg like mine!!!! :) He really enjoyed the pizza and we had a really fun dinner together!

This was my pizza, with ham, pepperoni, an egg, chese, basil, and mushrooms. We all pretty much had the same toppings.

We spent the rest of the night listening to African soukous music and dancing! Then, Andrew played some songs on our keyboard! We all went to bed tired, full, and happy! :)

The next morning we gave my dad his presents, which he loved! Andrew gave him a lovely, intricate, metal teapot, while my sister and I gave him oven mitts and dishwashing towels. He loves kitchen stuff!
After a yummy breakfast of blueberry muffins, we went to Oakland to my dad's church and attended a special service together. It was certainly different than anything I or Andrew were familiar with, but it was interesting. It meant a lot to me and my dad to have Andrew there! :)

We were all starving after church, so we drove over to San Francisco and had lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant, Gourmet Carousel! We always go there for Christmas lunch, so I was really happy that Andrew could come and try it!

First off, we ordered beef won ton soup and potstickers. Everything came hot and fresh. The potstickers were tasty and juicy, while the soup tasted so good! The won tons were delicious and not too big, and the bok choy wasn't tough.

Andrew ordered the seafood lo mein, since he loves seafood and my dad already ordered chicken lo mein! He really enjoyed it! No one else in my family is into seafood, so he pretty much was able to have this dish all to himself. There were many things in it, such as shrimp, scallops, squid, fish filet, bok choy, and noodles. He took home the leftovers and had them for dinner when he got home! :)

Since my tastebuds were still reeling from the awesomeness of Andrew's mother's black bean garlic sauce beef, I ordered the black bean sauce beef chow fun! Yay! It was tasty and a bit salty, but I enjoyed eating it with the fried rice. There wasn't a thick sauce, but the black beans were there and I could taste them. My dad and I almost finished this dish, but we managed to save a little bit.
My sister ordered beef fried rice, and it was good as usual. :) Andrew thought it was a little salty, and he's probably right, haha. I love how big their portions are!!


My dad ordered chicken lo mein, but I didn't get a picture of it. It was good, and tasted heavily of chicken gravy.

When we got home, we all rested since we were so full! Andrew and I played some guitar, and then went for a walk together before we had to take him to the train station. I was sad to see him go......but I know I will see him again this week. But still, it always makes me sad to come home knowing not too long before he was in it with me. However, I will be in Stockton soon so we can see each other more easily! :) YAY!!! Thanks for a great weekend, love!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1