Hello SF~!

This past Wednesday, I luckily was able to go to San Francisco with my sister; it was the first time I'd been in a long time! :) Fiona and I took the BART train and caught a MUNI bus. It was a lovely sunny day, which was such a treat as you can see in the pictures!
We got off at Octavia Street because I wanted to look at a Victorian hotel that is so beautiful inside and out. :) This is the Queen Anne Hotel, which supposedly has a haunted room! :D One of my dreams is to stay there someday~ I really want to show this to Andrew too! On my 18th birthday, my friends and I walked inside and sat down in the lovely common room. I then proceeded to open all my gifts there; it was so fun!

Japantown! Yay! :)

This is Benkyo-do, the oldest business in Japantown. They make mochi, some of which is really good, and sell Japanese snacks. They also have a food counter where burgers and hot dogs are super cheap; it's very old-fashioned and charming! All the older folks like to congregate there and drink coffee. :)

A lovely wall mural in the Miyako Mall~ I really want a pretty umbrella like that! :D

We went to one of the best and most authentic Japanese restaurants in Japantown, Takara! One of the owners always speaks Japanese to me! :) Above is Fiona's zaru udon, cold udon noodles with sauce.

I ordered zaru soba with tempura. It was very good and refreshing, but rather light. The tempura is so light and tasty! I ate all of it, even the shrimp! ;)

Lugging all our shopping bags, we then walked over to upper Fillmore Street for more shopping and gelato! We got gelato last and it was amazing! We went to Tango Gelato, which is now very popular and their food and gelato is great! I got hazelnut and almond delight gelato--so amazing!!!! :D
Fiona's chocolate espresso gelato; it was kind of runny, but she really enjoyed it! It looked dark and rich.


Before going to get gelato, we stopped at La Boulange bakery so I could get a box of macarons! Yay! This box cost $15! I also got an almond croissant which was pretty pricey at $2.75. Thus.......I spent $17.75 on pastries!!!! Eeeeep! Kinda crazy, but oh so awesome because of generous family members I was able to, haha!

Here's me at Tango Gelato showing off my box of macarons~! :D I look so tired, haha. We shopped so much I was carrying a huge and heavy bag of gifts for people and stuff. It was intense! But a wonderful day nonetheless! :)

Takara
22 Peace Plz
Ste 202
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 921-2000
La Boulange Bakery
2043 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115-2708
(415) 928-1300
Tango Gelato
2015 Fillmore St.
San Francisco, CA 94115-2708
(415) 346-3692
Momofraise says: Check out Japantown and upper Fillmore Street! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!