HAPPY ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!

YAY! On Thursday Febuary 4, 2010, it had been one year since Andrew and I started dating! We have grown so much together and can't imgaine being without each other! I feel like my life has changed for the better and through him I have been introduced to so many wonderful foods, bands, and fun things! Andrew is my true love, my other half, my best friend, and my partner in life. :)



Sadly, Thursday was a busy day for both of us. I had classes all day, and he worked all morning and had class all afternoon. He came to my room around 4:30ish and we hung out the rest of the night at his house just relaxing. We gave each other gifts and had a blast opening them! He gave me a lovely eternity ring with gold and cubic zirconias! We pledged our committment to each other. :D



On Friday, I woke up feeling more rested and better than I had during the week, and he only had a short morning class, so we were together all day! Yay! We had lunch on campus (which was pretty good!) and then went to Sakura Grocery and M & W Bakery for dessert and shopping!
Here's my love excited to try some Japanese youkan jelly we got on sale for $.5o. We were sitting in the bakery, ready to devour some good cake! Youkan jelly is made of white beans and green tea flavoring. We thought it was pretty good, but rather sweet. I am not a fan of white bean desserts myself.


(First off, I love how this pic turned out!) We ordered two little cakes and only ate one on Friday. We ate the chocolate and vanilla checkered cake which was fabulous and moist! There were thin strips of raspberry jelly that elevated this cake and added a wonderfully subtle sweetness that just sang in our mouths. Raspberry and chocolate is awesome!


We also got the amaretto cake because I wanted to get two cakes lol. Also, I love almond things, so why not try an actual almond cake? And this cake sure did not disappoint! We actually ate it today because we didn't have time to eat it earlier. It was still delicious a few days later! It was amazing! There was lots of almond-flavored cream sandwiched between layers of fluffy vanilla cake; very small cut-up almonds were in it as well, but they blended into the rest of the cake so well. We both really enjoyed this cake and are so impressed with that bakery! I hope going out on Fridays for dessert becomes a new tradition lol~! ;)
Otherwise, it's the start of a new week and I am going to work hard! I just need to keep my head up and stay positive! I have a four-day weekend coming up, and Valentine's Day is Sunday! Yay! I hope you all are doing well! :)
Sakura Groceries
4343 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95207
M & W Dutch American Bakery
4343 Pacific Ave Ste A6
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 473-3828

Momofraise says: Make sure to spread some love this week and go buy some Japanese sweets and wonderful cakes for a special someone in your life~! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!