Update Time!

Hi everyone!

Busy times over here. I've done nine loads of laundry so far this week and I've put the twins in underwear the past few days. I'm hoping to finish up potty-training and get them used to underwear and using the potty. Potty-training twins is no joke, especially boy/girl twins. Half the time I think I'm going about it all wrong. Anyway, wish me luck! They've been pretty good about it so far, little cuties.

Anyway, I wanted to share a link to an online poetry magazine that I was recently published in. The editor is a very nice woman and I was so excited when she wanted to publish one of my poems. I submitted two poems for the "Short" themed issue, and she chose the one I was most proud of. It's only four lines, but I love it dearly. It came to me while I was listening to "Tears For Affairs" by Camera Obscura. A great song by a great band. :)

Here is the link: Allegro Poetry Issue 3 March 2015

My poem is about three-quarters down the page and it's titled "A Thought," because that's really what it is. A thought I had that turned into poetry.

I have so many poems and stories out right now and I am just dying to hear back from editors. As much as I love sending my work out, waiting to hear back from people can be painful. The kids and housework keep me really busy so I don't have time to think about it that much, but I still am impatient. At the end of March, I sent out a children's book that I had written to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Chronicle Books. It'll probably be quite a while until I hear from them, but I'm still excited about finally sending my work out to the bigger publishers.

I did get an acceptance from Eunoia Review recently, so look out for one of my poems on that website in June! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Listening to The Nutcracker on a Rainy Day