Here's to Big Things in 2016!

Today was the day I had set aside to do all the important things, such as paying bills, phone calls, cleaning, giving the kiddos a bath (they were incensed that I washed their hair!), and trimming their nails. Luckily, I was able to get all that plus a few more things done, however I really want to try and practice some Irish Dancing today too. So we shall see! 

2015 was a great year for accomplishments, both as a family and personally. My husband and I are excited about 2016 and are going to keep moving forward and working hard. Just as 2015 was ending, I had two poems published, one of which won a holiday poetry contest! :) 

My poem, "Christmas With Little Ones," won Mothers Always Write's Holiday poetry contest and I am so excited about it! That was the first time I'd ever won a writing contest and it means so much to me. That poem came straight from my life and my heart. Check it out here: Christmas With Little Ones-Winner

My poem, "autumn," was published around the same time by EXPOUND Magazine. This is one of my newest poems and I really like it. I tried going for something different, and I really believe it worked. I had a lot of fun writing this one. Take a look here: autumn

In other news, my husband and I took the kids to the California Academy of Sciences yesterday and we had a great time! It was busy, a bit expensive, and full of exhibits and activities for all of us. We really enjoyed it! It's so great to experience new places and activities with the kids. :) 

In a little less than two weeks, I have another Feis (Irish Dancing competition) in Sacramento!! I am so excited for it, but I'm also a little bummed because I wasn't able to practice over the break as much as I wanted to, and the numbers for the adult beginner competitions are pretty low. I'm going to try to practice more now that the holidays are over, and I am looking forward to going back to class tomorrow night. Even if there aren't too many other adults competing, I'm still going to do my best and enjoy it, of course. They are lots of fun and we are going to bring the kids to this one, so fingers crossed they like it! XD Otherwise my poor hubby will have his hands full while I'm dancing. ;) I can't wait to share that day with them; I really want Irish Dancing to be a part of their lives, whether they want to learn it or no. I wish my school dress would be ready, but no one has taken my measurements yet and there's been no word.....Hopefully I will have a dress by the San Francisco Feis in February! 

Take care, dear ones, and let me know what's going on with you! :) 

Comments

  1. Hello!

    That's wonderful about getting your poems published! I've sent one of mine off to see if I can get it published, so fingers crossed 2016 will be the year I get things published outside of an academic setting. :D

    I'm sure your kiddos will enjoy the dancing...after all, Mama's up there doing her best~ The Christmas poem brought tears to my eyes, it was so heartfelt like I can feel the love you have for your family through your words.

    Hope all is well!

    -Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evie!

      It's great to hear from you! Thanks for your sweet comment. :) I am so touched that my Christmas poem made you tear up; that's the best compliment I've ever received! Thank you!!! I really appreciate you reading it!

      I am so excited for you! What journal did you submit your poem to? It's always exciting but nerve-racking when you send a piece or pieces out. ;) Good luck!

      I hope my kiddos will enjoy my dancing too. But today I woke up with a sore throat, so I'm hoping that I get better by next Sunday! Eeep!

      Take care!!
      ~Ophelia

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have some great things going on! Good luck with your Feis and I'm glad the kiddies had fun at the Academy of Sciences. ^ ^ I'm still catching up on posts after the holidays. XD

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1