Grade Exams and Publications!

Happy first day of March everyone! 

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for Spring! There is a lot going on this month and I need to take care of myself so I feel good! 

February was pretty busy too, especially since I had my Irish Dancing Grade Exams. I did the first two, which comprises of the first four soft shoe dances: reel, light jig, slip jig, and single jig. 

The exams were done at our dance studio with Gary Healy! (Scary Gary, as he is sometimes called :D) It was apparently his first time doing Grade Exams and he was soooo nice! He really took the time to write down lots of comments and when I had to stop my light jig since I was so nervous, he was really kind about it and told me not to be nervous. Looking back, it was a great experience, but I was really anxious and nervous about it! 

I don't feel great about my reel and light jig, but after I relaxed and got in the flow of things my slip jig and single jig were much better. We still haven't gotten back any results yet, so I don't know how I did....hopefully it was good! Grade Exams are a great way to get personal feedback, so I'm looking forward to that. I do know I need to work on keeping my toes always pointed and my back foot turned out more. I am planning to order a pair of new soft shoes that one of my teachers recommended, so that might help. 

We started learning Job of Journeywork last week and I am really excited about learning more of it soon! It's a lovely trad set dance. I also need to keep doing more hard shoe drills because I think those really help.

In other news, I am trying to finish my WIP fantasy novel. I'm very close to finishing, so I am working on it when I have a little time and energy. I've been exhausted lately! I also have been working on mapping out the next novel I plan to write after this one is done. It's a different genre, setting, everything, which is a lot of fun! 

I am very pleased to announce that I have a poem coming out next week on Mamalode! It's a poem that is very dear to me and I am so excited to share it with the world! Especially on Mamalode.com, which is quite a popular parenting website/journal. Yay! 

I also have a piece in the new issue of Unbroken Journal, which has quickly become one of my favorite journals out there! The pieces are so moving and stunning; please check it out! I am thrilled to have a poem in there too; it's on page 51. ;) Here's the link to the new issue: Unbroken Journal

So that's what is going on for me, apart from cooking, cleaning, taking care of cute kiddos, hanging with my hubby, and crying over the fact that Downton Abbey is ending! Whyyy??? D: 

Tell me what is going on for you, my friends and readers!!! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!