August is Crazy!

All summer, I've been a bit concerned about August. There are so many events and changes happening this month that I'm a bit overwhelmed! 

First of all, my twins start Transitional Kindergarten in a few weeks and that will be a huge change for our family. Our schedule will change as well as our routine. With three young children, that can be a little worrisome. Not in a bad way, but we will all have to adjust and that could take a little while. 

My youngest is turning three on Sunday, which is crazy because he is my baby!! I am so proud of him and I love watching him grow, but it's still a little bittersweet. He loves his birthday and has been excited about it all week, which is a lot of fun. Sunday will be a big day in our house, so I need to get ready! ;) 

Those are two big milestones happening this month, and there are a lot of smaller things going on as well. We are meeting up with my second cousin and her daughter from Luxembourg in SF the week before the twins start school! I can't wait, as I have never met her before and since my mother's family lives in France and other parts of Europe, it's very rare for me to see any of them. Yesterday, we met up with some friends of ours whom we hadn't seen in over a year. It was a lot of fun to catch up and see how all our kids have grown. 

In Irish Dancing news, a wonderful champ dancer in my school has been teaching our adult class these last few weeks, even though my school is technically on vacation. I feel like I've progressed a lot this summer. I was the only one in class last night so we worked on turnout and straight legs, as well as a little toe height. I worked on fixing some issues I have in my soft shoe dances and it felt great. Just having that extra attention (since I was the only one in class) helped me realize what I need to fix and how to go about doing so. My muscles are pretty sore today, but that's good! To work on toe height, I spend time standing on my toes and doing calf raises. I'm going to try to practice this week and keep in mind what I learned last night. I'm so grateful and happy to be in my school with such kind and talented dancers willing to help and teach! 

As for writing, I have had very little time or energy, but I've managed to work on a few pieces and even send some out. I wrote a poem that has been in my head for a while and I'm hoping to revise it and send it out soon. I wrote a personal piece about writing for Literary Mama and I have yet to hear back about it. However, my personal essay about being an adult Irish Dancer is being published later this month!!! Expect a big post about that soon!!! :D I am thrilled that Tribe Magazine is going to publish it! One of my goals is to spread the word about adult Irish Dancers and this is the first step! :) 

I'm planning to write a post about the Silicon Valley/Lucky 7's Feis soon, so look out for that one too. How are you all doing this summer? I am so tired of the heat, so I'm looking forward to Fall. ;) 

Take care dears! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peek into Zalea's World: Part 1

First day back from Japan and BIG NEWS! :D

Two Special Pieces and Great News!